Rudy Project Jetstream Wing57. THE ART OF WINNING:
Rudy Project is getting ready to once again revolutionize the helmet market. For triathlon and time-trial enthusiasts, here is their new highly innovative, technological product, the result of an intensive, concentrated engineering research project conducted in collaboration with the American aerodynamics guru, John Cobb: the Wing57 helmet.
AERODYNAMICALLY ENGINEERED BY JOHN COBB
Designed with the aid of legendary aerodynamics guru John Cobb, the new Wing57 has undergone extensive wind tunnel testing to become the best TT helmet on the market. Through this testing, Rudy Project and Cobb developed a unique tail geometry that works best for all TT positions and back profiles. Proven to beat out most competing aero helmets in time simulations, the Wing57 will be, without question, the best aero helmet on the market throughout the triathlon and cycling worlds.
Center Pressure Balance:
- Competing with less pressure.
- One of the helmet’s main new features is its improved weight balance.
- The tail was shortened and material added to the front (Dorsal Ridge) to move the centre of pressure forward.
- This limits annoying swivelling caused by side winds.
- Our products’ legendary fit is the fruit of scientific studies of the human head.
- Design innovation and advances in materials and manufacturing techniques.
- Our groundbreaking systems are constantly updated and upgraded to guarantee exceptional adjustability and stability.
Customizable Air Management:
- The human body uses energy to cool itself.
- Rudy Project uses aerodynamic science. The Wing57 time trial helmet has a set of two modular, removable covers, one closed, one mesh. - - Either can be inserted into the front vent opening to regulate airflow.
- Adjust the helmet’s aerodynamic effectiveness according to environmental conditions and maintain the body’s efficiency.
- The shape of Wing57 provides all the benefits of NACA (National Advisory Committee For Aeronautics) wing shapes and avoids wasting the energy that is naturally lost in rending the air.
- Inspired by sharks, the crown of the Wing57 time trial helmet converts sideways forces into forward propulsion.
- In the event of cross winds it delivers all the advantages of a long-tailed helmet without the relative negative repercussions on the front.
- The combined action of the EPS structure, the polycarbonate shell and exoskeleton creates resistance to the mechanical action exercised by an impact and dissipates the energy in order to prevent it from being transferred to the head of the rider wearing the helmet
- The Wing57 helmet has an additional, removable, magnetic aerodynamic tail which fits on the Air Director to extend the helmet’s overall length.
- Depending on the shape of the wearer’s back and shoulders, this longer tail will help improve the athlete’s performance.
Vortex Killer System:
- Increase ventilation. Increase performance.
- Rudy Project’s designers have devised a new, proprietary airflow channelling system which significantly increases in-helmet ventilation. - Scientifically designed geometric lines and side openings enable the Vortex Killer System to redirect airflow – the main cause of friction and instability – beyond the rear of the helmet.
- The air is pushed beyond the neck and shoulders at a different rate and volume compared to the air arriving in the opposite direction.
|Recommended Use||Mountain biking MTB|
|Recommended Use||Road cycling|
We have a passion for exploration. From taking a fresh trail to digging for deep savings, inspires you to do more, to see more, to explore more, in gear that you will love. We scour the globe to bring our members the best deals on top sport and outdoor brands.